2.5

2001 Mitsubishi Galant drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Mitsubishi Galant:

2001 Mitsubishi Galant Owner Comments

Feb 072013

Galant 6-cyl

As of appx 8 months ago, vehicle has bucked on startup. It jumps out, and then stops. Car in forward or reverse jolts out but this is an intermittent occurrence. Yesterday, best describes problem, as I approached red light and put foot on accelerator and car jumped out 3 or 4 times before actually moving forward....this happened for the whole length of my trip...necessitating having to put my hazard lights on so I would not be hit from behind. Repeated trips to reputable mechanic and transmission garage are not able to diagnose problem. Transmission oil and filter and cleaning of solenoids has been done.

- Staten Island, NY, USA