2007 Mitsubishi Galant engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mitsubishi Galant:

2007 Mitsubishi Galant Owner Comments

May 262016

On May 26, 2016 while traveling about 50 mph going up a straight stretch of highway I heard loud banging coming from the engine compartment, then quiet for a second then more loud clanging. I immediately released the accelerator. My battery light immediately came on. I stepped on my brake but had to step hard to get it to slow my car. I approached a curve and had to really muscle the car around the curve. Luckily I was able to just roll into a resort parking lot. My belt was laying under the car but still intact. My mechanic said the water pump came apart and took the pulley with it, causing the belt to fall to the ground.

- Selah, WA, USA

Nov 122013

The contact owns a 2007 Mitsubishi Galant. The contact stated that while driving approximately 10-15 mph, the engine stalled. The vehicle was towed several times to the dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 88,000.

- San Jose, CA, USA