2010 Mitsubishi Galant drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mitsubishi Galant:

2010 Mitsubishi Galant Owner Comments

Sep 112014

Had trouble changing gears from park to drive felt like it was getting stuck and I had to jerk it to be able to switch gears. Once I was able to switch the gear into drive and started driving the nutrual light began to flash and my car would not pick up speed. I later found out that my snap ring/wave spring had broke and the metal pieces went into the filter clogging it up and damaging the pipe causing me to need a new/rebuilt transmission. I was told that this is common for the Galants.

- Brooklyn Park, MN, USA