2002 Mitsubishi Lancer drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer:

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer Owner Comments

Dec 172011

Lancer

I have purchased this car as a second owner as I was told. The transmission was acting funny at first and I was told that this is normal because the car was sitting for a while. The car had only 115,000 miles when purchased, the reason I bought it with low miles and appearance. Last week when it was driven, the car acted even funnier until it stalled: The car will not engage in any forward gears, it will only engage in the reverse gear. After researching the fact, I was told by many sources that the 2002-2005 Lancers had a lot of issues with the transmissions in many ways. I need to know if that's true and what could be done especially after I looked at the blogs about what's so named " Lancers". it will be a shame for a manufacturer to release a car in the market with such problem.

- Galveston, TX, USA