9.6

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer:

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Owner Comments

Mar 012005

Lancer

Mitsubishi Lancer 2003, defective transmission and brakes. The consumer stated the transmission slipped at every speed and no one would admit there was a problem. The brakes would fade and vibrate making it difficult to stop.

- Huntley, IL, USA

Jun 062004

Lancer 4-cyl

When driving my vehicle the transmission does not shift gears properly. Normal operation of the vehicle leads to jerky transitions from gear to gear and results in the inability to gauge the amount of pressure need to maintain/reach/sustain speed. This occurs in both highway and city environments. I have had the car serviced according to mfg'R recommendations of every 3000 miles. I have about 35000 miles on the vehicle at this point. It started doing this at about 4000 miles. I have had the vehicle checked multiple times. When taken to the dealership they informed me nothing was wrong. I have changed the trans. Fluid as well as all filters. I was told this is 'normal' for the car. I do not think however that this is a typical behavior for new vehicles. I have also had a problem for the past 1500 or so miles with my breaks squeaking. When I try to stop or pull out from a parking space they have a squealing sound. I have also had this evaluated at the Mitsubishi repair shop and was informed they are fine.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA