2004 Mitsubishi Lancer miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer:

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Owner Comments

Aug 012016

I have 2 notice in my home for inspect my vehicle, I try to connect with any telephone, that I have in my notice, I waiting more than one hour and no body pick up the phone! what can I do I living in zip code 60707 elmwood park il, how I can connect to any dealer for schedule any appointment....? help please (haredin didani)

- Elmwood Park, IL, USA

Feb 262014

On the panel that controls temperature my knobs are either broken or sticking. I bought the car used and only the heat worked. Now a year later the heat/cold knob is broken off. The knob that controls the vents sticks and I have to hold it while trying to defrost my front and side windows. I went on the internet and found this is a common occurrence and don't understand while the temperature control panel hasn't been a recall issue. It makes driving an issue in various temperature changes. Thankfully the back window defrost is a button not a knob.

- Port Orchard, WA, USA

Aug 012008

The HVAC(knobs on the dash for ac unit) temperature knob has broken off. In the previous months it became increasingly more difficult to turn from hot to cold. Checking online I located a temporary fix involving reaching under the dash near the gas pedal and pull/pushing the flap that control warm/cold. Not being able to actively change the temperature is a hazard in Florida as we can suddenly change from sunny 'windows down' weather to torrential downpours with windows fogged. Likewise my niece and nephew cannot ride with me on our 'hot' days as the temperature could be detrimental to their health without a working ac unit. I have been unable to replace the knob or the wire that runs from it to the flap as this unit is damaged on all the 'used' HVAC units at the car lots I have checked for parts.

- St. Petersburg, FM, USA