2004 Mitsubishi Lancer seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer:

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Owner Comments

Nov 072005

Lancer 4-cyl

I just bought a Mitsubishi Lancer, seat belt is way too short, it literally chokes me, is hard to buckle and unbuckle with my hands/ Mitsubishi dealer says seat belt has to be defective before they will replace. They will not add an extension on it. I have 2 choices -don't wear a seat belt and get tickets or die in a wreck, or wear it, have to keep seat pushed so far back to make seat belt buckle- but then can hardly reach pedals, and cant breathe or be comfortable wearing it because it cuts off my chest terribly. I am permanently disabled with any problems and not being able to wear my seat bealt scares me as a seat belt save my life in Jan 2005.

- Clearwater, FL, USA