1.9

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer:

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Owner Comments

Jan 262009

Lancer

Headlights keep failing. Was pulled over after having just replaced a bulb and notified the bulb was out again. Blamed the shop that replaced the bulb, and had them put in another. Then when driving a long distance drive, as I began to get dark, another motorist flashed me to notify me that I did not have headlights on, even though they were in the on position. Both low beams had gone out and would only work on high beams. I was lucky that the motorist notified me, and that the lights did not blow after dark while I was driving. This is a huge safety concern. Took to shop, diagnostic was run and 1st thought was the ECU for headlights, ordered part, installed and 30 seconds after running lights, blew the new ECU part. Currently only 1 headlight works, and only on high beams. Sometimes it does not work even on high beams. If unplugged & plugged back in, only then will it work, but only on high beams. There is some sort of electrical malfunction, but mechanics have been unable to determine the problem. Taking back again Monday 4/27 for another attempt to find the problem. In the meantime, I continue to have to drive an unsafe vehicle, when circumstances require me to drive after dark. All mitzubishi dealers & service in my town have gone out of business and the closest dealer is 2 hours away. I cannot afford to 1. take the time to drive it down. 2. get a rental car while they try to figure out the problem. I have purchased numerous bulbs prior to knowing there was an electrical issue, and have spent hundreds of dollars on diagnostics & attempted repairs. None of the other electrical components of the car have failed. Only the headlights.

- Tucson, AZ, USA