3.7

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer:

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Owner Comments

Nov 142009

Lancer

Hi my name is fernando santiago and the reason I'm writing this email is because I'm an owner of a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer that I lease on April of 2007. Now the problem is that I was driving the other day and my side airbags on my driver side deployed for no apparent reason I could of killed myself or cause a major accident. I took the car to the dealer and services said that they need to get the car checked out I explain to them that I didn't crash the car I was just driving but I guess they don't believe me when there's no damages to the body of the car. Now they come back and tell me that Mitsubishi is not going to fix the damages and for me to contact my car insurance and make a report so they can fix the problem B/C the warranty is not responsible for what happened and they not giving me a loaner car. I been a loyal customer with this company my 1st car was a galant I think they should take into consideration that I'm leasing a car with this company and help me out by getting my car fix at no cost. This is a safety issue is not like I cause the damages if it was up to me I wouldn't even want this car back no more B/C I have kids and is not a very safe ride. So what I'm asking here if that if Mitsubishi want to keep me as a loyal customer and keep having me leasing cars from their dealer I would appreciate if they go out their way just how they do when they selling a car and help me out here, I'm loosing work hours and my kids are loosened days of work B/C I don't have a car to get back and fourth. I look forward to hear from you.

- Yonkers, NY, USA