2008 Mitsubishi Lancer seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer:

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Owner Comments

Jan 212014

Lancer 4-cyl

I lost control of my vehicle due to snow and slush off a tractor trailer hitting the back end of my car. The tractor trailer was going about 80mph past me as I was going only 60mph, due to my car being front wheel drive it caused me to spin out and lose control of the car. I crossed into the left lane of traffic (not hitting anyone) and then back into the right lane where I then proceeded to go off the road down an embankment. I bashed my head against the driver side window as I lost control, I then hit my head again against the window as the rear end of my car hit a tree stomp. Through hitting the tree stomp it caused my passenger side airbags to deploy but not the driver side, side airbags. Due to the driver side, side airbags not deploying as I hit the tree stomp my head smacked against the driver window extremely hard and caused me to get a concussion.

- Frenchtown , NJ, USA

Nov 042010

Lancer 4-cyl

Air bags didn't come up from impact car look like total lost.

- Florence, SC, USA

Jan 052010

Lancer

Involved in a car accident in which I was traveling approximately 25 mph and hit someone broad side with the left side front of my vehicle. None of my airbags deployed on a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer.

- Cliffside Park, NJ, USA

Dec 312008

Lancer

The contact owns a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer. While driving approximately 60 mph, the contact crashed into a drainage ditch. The vehicle was severely damaged and none of the air bags deployed. One of the occupants was moderately injured. There were no warning indicators illuminated on the instrument panel. The dealer could not determine the cause of the failure. Based on the location of the air bag sensors, the contact would have to drive 70 mph in order for the air bags to deploy. The failure and current mileages were unknown.

- Tuscaloosa, AL, USA