2008 Mitsubishi Lancer steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer:

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Owner Comments

Jan 012008

My car, Mitsubishi Lancer gts model 2008 is pulling to the side. I got this car new, it was pulling to the left from the beginning. After they did an alignment, the car is pulling to the right. The amount of pulling is very big, for example if, at 60-65mph I release the steering wheel it rotates right instantly with a half a inch, and the car changes the lane to the right in 3-4 seconds. I don't know if the car or the tires are wrong, but this is very serioos safety concern for me. I've search on the internet for people with similar issue, and found out that most of the people with Mitsubishi Lancer gts have this problem. So I believe Mitsubishi knows about this problem but just don't want to admit it. Please see this link (15 pages): Thanks a lot and please contact me if you need additional information.

- Houston, TX, USA

Apr 212007

I have had an 08 Mitsubishi Lancer gts for a year now and have had serious problems with the car pulling left since the very first week I owned it. I've had the car aligned 5 times now and no success. The car will drive fine for less than a week and it starts to pull left again, sometimes driving off the lot after an alignment, it would still not be corrected. My tires are wearing unevenly on the outside edges as well, and are now the tires are worn down to the tread indicators. I need new tires but don't want to waste the money without a solution to this problem first.

- Pinellas Park, FL, USA

May 262007

When I first got the car on my way home I notice that the car is pulling to the left. I then took my car to the dealer and they told my that the air in my left tire is low on air. The dealer try to fix this issue with not help. I then had an alignment done but that didn't help either. Now my tire is wearing out uneven and the Mitsubishi won't do anything for my car to have this problem fix.

- Edison, NJ, USA

May 232008

2008 Lancer pulls to the left. A bit more noticeable at higher speeds. Aggressive pull to the left. Took to the dealership to take a look at it. They did nothing. I called again and they said they heard nothing of this problem despite many many people having this same issue.

- San Jose, CA, USA

May 182008

The car pulls to the left very strongly, and have had the car at the dealership 3-4 times to have them try and fix it with no avail. They aligned it and rotated the tires, but this fixed nothing. I stressed my concern with this that the tires would wear out fast since it isn't aligned right, and now, at 4300 miles, all four tires are worn out bad, feathered on the outside, and inside is almost down to 2/32nds, and the dealership I bought the car from refuses to do anything about it. I filed a claim with mitusbishi themselves, and after reviewing the case, said the car is fine, and all four tires have even wear and they closed the case, even though all the tires are worn out different, some worse than others, and the car still pulls to the left.

- Wilmerding, PA, USA

Dec 202007

Lancer 4-cyl

My 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer pulls to the left. This happens when accelerating, braking or coasting on both crowned and uncrowned roads. It is a well documented problem on internet web forums for Lancer enthusiasts.

- Alamo, CA, USA