2008 Mitsubishi Lancer suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer:

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Owner Comments

Apr 242013

Lancer 4-cyl

On Wednesday morning 4/24/2013 after night shift I went outside to start my car 5-10 minutes early just like any other time prior to driving. I put my car in gear to pull away and a service signal went off stating "maintnence required" with a depiction of a transaxel and the front suspension in "motion". I then put the car in neutral and applied the emergency break to inspect. The awc function would not work, "tarmac" to "gravel" to "snow". the next day I brought my vehicle to D'ambrosio Mitsubishi for their technicians to look at it and repair it. They did the usual maintnence oil change, fluid check, tire rotation etc like I have done ever 2500 miles. The technicians discovered the S-awc pump had seized up and that the pump needed to be replaced; he stated it would cost $2500 to replace, I asked what I had done to cause such a catastrophic event; the service manager advised me that it was a flaw caused by Mitsubishi and there was nothing I had done or did not do to cause this. I then left and have no idea what I'm going to do now that I have a front wheel drive car that is meant to be a full time all wheel drive car, now its sitting under a tarp and I take the bus or get a ride.

- Lyndell, PA, USA

Jun 012008

The contact owns a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer. Whenever the brake pedal is depressed, the contact hears a loud scrubbing sound coming from the rotors. When the vehicle is turned right or left, the front end of the vehicle makes a popping sound. The first time the vehicle was taken to the dealer they replaced the front driver's side wheel bearing due to a recall. The second time the vehicle was taken to the dealer regarding the front passenger side wheel bearing. On the third visit, the front passenger side wheel bearing was replaced and both front rotors were turned. The vehicle has been taken to the dealer approximately three times regarding this failure and it is gradually becoming worse. The NHTSA campaign id number was unknown. The current mileage was 7,333 and failure mileage was 6,800. Updated 10/14/08. Updated 10/16/08.

- Salem, SC, USA

Jan 012008

My car, Mitsubishi Lancer gts model 2008 is pulling to the side. I got this car new, it was pulling to the left from the beginning. After they did an alignment, the car is pulling to the right. The amount of pulling is very big, for example if, at 60-65mph I release the steering wheel it rotates right instantly with a half a inch, and the car changes the lane to the right in 3-4 seconds. I don't know if the car or the tires are wrong, but this is very serioos safety concern for me. I've search on the internet for people with similar issue, and found out that most of the people with Mitsubishi Lancer gts have this problem. So I believe Mitsubishi knows about this problem but just don't want to admit it. Please see this link (15 pages): Thanks a lot and please contact me if you need additional information.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 232008

Car constantly pulls to left, even after repeat alignments by dealer. Has been services 3 times within 9 months. No improvement has been made. Front tires are now going bald after 10,000 miles.

- Monroeville, PA, USA

Dec 202007

Lancer 4-cyl

My 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer pulls to the left. This happens when accelerating, braking or coasting on both crowned and uncrowned roads. It is a well documented problem on internet web forums for Lancer enthusiasts.

- Alamo, CA, USA