2010 Mitsubishi Lancer fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer:

2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Owner Comments

Jul 212012

Lancer 4-cyl

While driving home in 100 degree weather with a 3/4 full gas tank there was suddenly a strong fuel smell coming from the front air conditioning vents. The A/C system was in recirculate mode. The smell was so strong that I started to get dizzy. I opened all the windows and pulled over at my first chance to look for a leak. I did not find any leaks in the engine bay or underneath the car. I was almost home so I started the car to proceeded home. While driving I smelled the gas fumes again, this time I turn the A/C system to fresh air and the smell went away. I then turned the system between fresh and recirculate several times and the small was always on the recirculate side. I believe there is something venting into the cabin of the car but I can not find it. This is a serious safety issues as someone could become dizzy or faint from the fumes and crash.

- Commerce City, CO, USA