5.0

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution:

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Owner Comments

Dec 152010

Lancer Evolution 4-cyl

Complaint *10261125*-this complaint is 100% accurate, Mitsubishi has recalled many outlander SUVS on this same issue, please investigate, horrible experience, turn signals, high beam, low beam, horn, fog lights, engine, everything works at random and cannot be stopped, my engine will not start, this is a big safety concern and a manufacturing defect that can have devastating results, "complaint number: 10261125 2006 there is a problem with Mitsubishi Lancer evolutions made from 2003-2006. I have had 2 of these cars and same problem... almost started a fire in my car... where the main wiring harness goes through the drivers side front fender, there's a rubber grommet that is supposed to block water. Well in my 2 cars and about 100 others on the auto forum I frequent, (www.evolutionm.net) the rubber grommet fails to do its job of blocking weather and water is leaking through going down the main wiring harness and into the wiring connectors. From there the average owner like me is getting there horn, lights wipers SRS light etc. Turning on/off rapidly while driving. Some have experienced the car suddenly shutting off while driving, well along with that you loose power steering and brakes. Please do what ever needs to be done to make this a recall. As it I am sure has and will cause many traffic accidents. Please keep our roads safe. ".

- Wichita, KS, USA

Mar 062009

Lancer Evolution

There is a problem with Mitsubishi Lancer evolutions made from 2003-2006. I have had 2 of these cars and same problem... almost started a fire in my car... where the main wiring harness goes through the drivers side front fender, there's a rubber grommet that is supposed to block water. Well in my 2 cars and about 100 others on the auto forum I frequent, (www.evolutionm.net) the rubber grommet fails to do its job of blocking weather and water is leaking through going down the main wiring harness and into the wiring connectors. From there the average owner like me is getting there horn, lights wipers SRS light etc. Turning on/off rapidly while driving. Some have experienced the car suddenly shutting off while driving, well along with that you loose power steering and brakes. Please do what ever needs to be done to make this a recall. As it I am sure has and will cause many traffic accidents. Please keep our roads safe.

- Wadsworth, IL, USA