2014 Mitsubishi Mirage brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage:

2014 Mitsubishi Mirage Owner Comments

Oct 152016

Mirage

The contact owns a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage. While driving various speeds, the front brakes made loud noises and it was difficult to stop the vehicle when the brake pedal was depressed. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the brake pads needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 14,900.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

May 052015

Mirage

I was in a accident and air bags didn't deploy, I replace the brakes a month ago the dealership said I need brakes again, the motor knocks until the car warms up, I pay 400 a month for a trashy little car help

- Lancaster, PA, USA

Dec 102013

Mirage

The contact owns a 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage. While driving 35 mph, the contact depressed the brake pedal, but the vehicle failed to stop. The dealer diagnosed that the brake failure was a defect from the manufacturer and could not be repaired. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 20,000.

- Bakersfeeld, CA, USA

May 092015

Mirage

I was traveling on a two lane road in my 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage, it had been raining and the roads were still damp. I was driving below the speed limit because I wanted to attempt to get the highest mpg possible on the mpg calculator on the dash. Suddenly, the truck in front of me slammed on breaks. It was at a distance that I should have not been worried about collision, but as soon as I hit the breaks in response, they failed. Everything happened so fast I don't know if my brakes locked up causing me to slide, or if they just did not activate at all. There were no skid marks on the road. I ended up going into oncoming traffic and hitting another vehicle head on. The impact flipped my Mirage multiple times and I landed sideways in a ditch. All airbags deployed. The driver and passenger of the other vehicle were injured and went to the hospital. I broke a rib and received some bad bruising from airbag and seatbelt, but refused to go to the hospital.

- Tabor City, NC, USA

Mar 092015

Mirage

I was in rush hour traffic at a red light. The light turned green. Approx. 100 - 150 yrds beyond the intersection the vehicle 3 cars ahead of me slammed on their brakes. This caused the two vehi les between them and me to slam on their brakes. I hit my clutch and brake to stop, but the brakes never engaged. I never even slowed down. My airbags deployed, I was taken to the hospital by ambulance, and my car was deemed to be a total loss by the insurance company.

- Port Orange, FL, USA