6.5

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage:

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Owner Comments

Mar 102016

Mirage

The contact owns a 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage. While approaching a stop, the vehicle felt as though it lunged forward and jerked violently. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but was not diagnosed. There was concern that the low reverse brake could re-engage. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 19,500.

- Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

Mar 032016

Mirage

The contact owns a 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage. While driving 45 mph, a grinding noise was heard when depressing the brake pedal. The contact coasted the vehicle to the side of the road and noticed that the front driver and passenger side rims were black with scratches around the rims. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that there was no failure to the brakes. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 4,354.

- Pomona, CA, USA

Apr 162016

Mirage

Takata recall. I purchased my Mirage in Feb of this year, I noticed that after I had my car at a complete stop it felt like someone ran into the back of car, so I took the car in on March 28th and they said that it was a transmission malfunction so they had to replace the transmission. So after they replaced the transmission and I went and picked my car back up I noticed that the breaks felt like they weren't right, it felt like I had to press the break down so hard to get my car to come to a complete stop, so I then also noticed that when I did break my breaks started to make a weird noise. Now I don't know much about cars and this was my first vehicle and I at least know that I should not be having this many issues already, at this point I am very irritated and angry because I have to deal with all these problems. This past Saturday 04/16/2016 I was driving home from philadelphia pa after visiting a friend and my breaks locked, I went to push the break pedal and it wouldnt go down, thank god that there was no ther vehickes infront of me because I would of hit some one, I only usemy car for work and to take my daughter to doctors appts, to go visit my dad and sister and also to the grocery store

- Downingtown, PA, USA

Jan 212016

Mirage

The contact owns a 2015 mitsuibishi Mirage. While driving approximately 35 mph, the brakes made a grinding and squeaking noise when the brake pedal was depressed. The brake pedal traveled to the floor and did not stop the vehicle properly. The failure occurred intermittently. The vehicle was diagnosed by a mechanic who stated that the brake pads and rotors needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 26,648.

- Bowie, MD, USA

Aug 212014

Mirage

The contact owns a 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 10 mph down a hill, there was a vibration on the brake pedal and the brakes made a grinding sound. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 600.

- Uniontown, PA, USA