2015 Mitsubishi Mirage miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage:

2015 Mitsubishi Mirage Owner Comments

Jul 132016

Push button start system concerns: I can turn off the car while the car is in gear by pushing the start button. I tested this in my driveway moving slow in reverse, then again moving slow in drive.I tried this because a friend asked about the possibility of this happening. The start button only works in park and neutral with the brake pedal pushed. I have safety concerns as more cars are using this technology,

- Crescent City, FL, USA

May 012016

I have a Honda fit that is recalled.Honda set me up with enterprise to get a free rentall. The rental a Mitsubishi merage has a bad VIN #. I cannot get any info on it? also, the so called free rental enterprise wanted 50 dollars for whatever, witch I should have never done, max out that card. I need to find out about this car, and sue both parties VIN#ml32A3hjohhoo3355 thanks

- Mckinney, TX, USA

Apr 162016

Takata recall. I purchased my Mirage in Feb of this year, I noticed that after I had my car at a complete stop it felt like someone ran into the back of car, so I took the car in on March 28th and they said that it was a transmission malfunction so they had to replace the transmission. So after they replaced the transmission and I went and picked my car back up I noticed that the breaks felt like they weren't right, it felt like I had to press the break down so hard to get my car to come to a complete stop, so I then also noticed that when I did break my breaks started to make a weird noise. Now I don't know much about cars and this was my first vehicle and I at least know that I should not be having this many issues already, at this point I am very irritated and angry because I have to deal with all these problems. This past Saturday 04/16/2016 I was driving home from philadelphia pa after visiting a friend and my breaks locked, I went to push the break pedal and it wouldnt go down, thank god that there was no ther vehickes infront of me because I would of hit some one, I only usemy car for work and to take my daughter to doctors appts, to go visit my dad and sister and also to the grocery store

- Downingtown, PA, USA

May 072015

This car was bought on 05/03/2015. Between 05/07/2015 and 05/29/2015 I noticed small brown spots appear along the paint's surface of the vehicle (hood, roof, between doors). Although the spots can be removed with wax and polish process, the spots re-appear within days. Under the suspicion for corrosion, I inspected the vehicle thoroughly, noticing that the mechanical parts below the car were excessively corroded. The dealership and a Mitsubishi inspector considered these conditions to be normal. The car was bought new. Having at this moment less than 500 miles of use, I considered the corrosion level to be not typical. The dealership or service center did not respond for the corroded parts or paint. Safety concern is the risk of a mechanical component premature failure due to corrosion.

- Juncos, PR, USA

May 052015

This vehicle was bought as new on 05/03/2015. On 05/05/2015, after starting the vehicle, waiting for heat up, all the indicators of the instrument panel went on (service engine soon, ABS, traction control, tire pressure, etc.). also the back light of the instrument panel began to blink, and a continuous beep sound or code could be heard. While this behavior occurred, the vehicle's RPM became unstable, as if the car was going to stall and turn off. After a few minutes I turned the vehicle off and back on again. The conditions did not repeat except for the service engine soon indicator. I used the car normally and the next day the ses indicator was off by itself. Diagnostic tool did not detect error codes. On 06/21/2015 the condition repeated again with the same pattern. The service centers have not made further verification of this issue. Also an inspector from Mitsubishi considered it a minor issue since the vehicle's computer is not presenting codes. The safety concern is the risk that this behavior may occur in the middle of the road while driving.

- Juncos, PR, USA