2004 Mitsubishi Outlander fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander:

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander Owner Comments

Jul 112009

I have a 2004 Outlander an I have many thing wrong like the heater knob broke off the back windows fell but my major concern is the service engine light will come on an ill lose the throttle. In traffic this is pretty scary. Everything about the car is tip top. 80,000 miles never had any major problems till this, I've done the gas clicking thing to the gas cap. All the fluids are full and the only way I can get power back is by turning the truck off an on 5 times to rest the computer.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Dec 212006

Outlander 4-cyl

Several problems with 2004 mistsubish Outlander. All fixed under warranty, except latest problem. Car won't run. Had to tow to dealership. Car shakes and engine cuts completely out. Dealership not cooperating, fixed the wrong thing, engine still cuts out/stalls, now saying I "overfilled the gas tank, ruining the charcoal fuel canister." This is not covered under warranty?! there has to be another reason this happened. I have never overfilled or topped off my gas. I think they messed it up, or perhaps the gauges are wrong. If the gauges are wrong, it's a factory issue and should be covered under warranty!!!!

- San Marcos, TX, USA