4.7

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander:

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander Owner Comments

Aug 162016

Outlander

August 2016 important safety recall inside and out side cross menber rusted through inspected by lovering Mitsubishi concord nh 10/24/2016 603-225-6681 received recall made appointment 4 weeks out...fixed one of 3 problem most important front cross member is rusted thru dangerous driving in nh gave me no rent a car and no parts expected till the end December and possible Jan. I purchased this car brand new in 2008 left over 2007 and have taken great care of it... what should I do car is perfect engine condition interior, but driving it because it is my only way to get to work.. I believe I should get a rental for this rusted thru cross member dealer ship said they cannot give me a rental because they have no permission from Mitsubishi "?" I fearing something could happen to

- Manchester, NH, USA

Sep 212016

Outlander

Dealer didn't fix parts, but thay said that thay replaced, (crossmember, but this part is not available yet I already checked).after service my car was broken by dealer(steering wheel very hard to move, and they want me for pay for this fix it was happend on the Mitsubishi dealer parking 1119 S.milwaukee ave libertyville il 60048 ).I have been waiting for 3 days on my car for what"safety recall ??" I'm not satisfied cose my car was fine before!it's time for new car but I will definitely think about other car brands.

- Hainesville, IL, USA

Dec 162015

Outlander

I was driving my Outlander XLS AWD at low speed (~25 mph on a side street) when I heard a loud "pop", and lost control of the steering. I swerved into the oncoming lane, but was able to stop the car without hitting anything or anyone. I regained partial control of the steering, but the steering wheel was now nearly a half-turn off-center and did not fully control the car's direction. The problem was diagnosed as a rotted subframe, which suddenly failed. When the subframe cracked, steering/suspension components were thrown far out of alignment. Mitsubishi kindly replaced the subframe at their expense. The car had been in service for 8 years and 73,000 miles at the time of the incident.

- Watertown, MA, USA

Aug 022011

Outlander 6-cyl

Rear passenger windows coming out of the track and or opening out of the window, opening to the exterior of the vehicle, then windows are inoperative leaving the vehicle not safety. The door needed to disarmed the inner panel to work to install the windows in the tracks, in a few operations of the windows, it goin out again.

- San Sebastian, PR, USA

Feb 022007

Outlander 6-cyl

1. loud clunk noise when turning sharply 2. excessive wind noise, drivers side( per tech's findings.

- Carlsbad, CA, USA