2007 Mitsubishi Outlander steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander:

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander Owner Comments

Jul 152016

I was driving at approximately 5mph braking to take a left hand turn when I heard a loud clunk and came to an abrupt stop. After existing the vehicle it appears my front suspension had snapped and my drivers side tire was pushed into the quarter panel hindering my drivers side door and my passenger tire was pointing to the right. After getting it towed to the nearest auto body place, I was informed that the front sub frame snapped due to rust. I am the original owner who has performed all maintenance items, it has been garage kept for 7 out of the 9 years of owning the vehicle. I would hate to see how fast this vehicle would have failed if I did not perform any maintenance on it. What is very troubling is the car is only 9 years old and the night before I was traveling on the highway at 70mph with my 4 kids in the vehicle. If this would have snapped on the highway we would have been lucky to survive because I had zero steering capabilities.

- Land O Lakes, FL, USA

Apr 202015

Outlander 6-cyl

The yoke that is part of the frame that holds up the front steering assembly rusted through and does not support the steering assembly the way it should. The car is only 7-1/2 years old and this should not have failed. There were only two replacements to be found in the country. One was a used one from the"South" somewhere, and the second a new one from a Mitsubishi warehouse in California. The estimate for repair is about $1400. The dealer I purchased the car from was no help. It seems that since there are very few replacement parts in the U.S. this may be a wide spread problem for these vehicle. The replacement part is used on several model years of this vehicle.

- Garfield Hts, OH, USA

Jun 012013

Outlander 6-cyl

The steering column area of my 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander ls makes clicking noises when driven during warm temperatures (only during warm or hot weather, not during the winter). Noises occur when the steering wheel is turned and the dealer indicated that this sounds like a clock spring problem.

- Hawthorne, NJ, USA