2010 Mitsubishi Outlander brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Mitsubishi Outlander:

2010 Mitsubishi Outlander Owner Comments

Jul 182016

Outlander 4-cyl

Vehicle displays ABS/asc warning/service required. My mechanic says it's the ABS pump, which will cost over $2000 in parts/labor to replace. According to someone who works at a local Mitsubishi dealer, the 2010 ABS pumps are flawed - many vehicles have had the pump replaced. My mechanic said it's safe to drive, but advises to take extra care in heavy rain/snow/ice. Meanwhile the service light remains on. I already replaced the rear tire ABS sensor (almost $1000) because the vehicle would hesitate when taking my foot off the brake. )probably related to the problem with the pump.) I don't think it's right that Mitsubishi knows there is a problem and it's an expensive fix. They are putting their bottom line before customers' safety. I don't know how NHTSA mandates recalls, but I'd love to see this issue resolved via recall. Thank you.

- Baldwin, NY, USA

Aug 082012

My right rear wheel kept making a noise. So I pulled off the wheel to see the brake pad was almost completely gone. I had them replaced an the mechanic said the caliper was sticking he also said it should be covered by warranty. Upon taking it to the dealer, they said it is not covered because I had the pads changed even though it was occurring before with the original pads. Mitsubishi warranty is a joke!

- Kingsport, TN, USA