7.7

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander:

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Owner Comments

Aug 222016

Outlander

Takata recall I bought this vehicle in houston Texas and had it "shipped" to kamuela Hawaii. The big island does not have a mitshibishi dealer. This information was not disclosed to me. I am unable to take this item in for recall remedy. I feel the dealer was aware there was no mitshibishi dealer here and this recall is an issue and now I have a defect vehicle in a place in which I cannot rememdy. I am unable to ship this vehicle anywhere to get this recall fixed. I am highly upset and need help! I just got the recall in the mail dated August... it costs over 1000 to have this vehicle shipped anywhere for dealer repair. They need to replace my funds and take this vehicle back!

- Kamuela, HI, USA

Aug 192016

Outlander 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander. While accelerating from a stop, the vehicle hesitated to accelerate. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed and repaired per NHTSA campaign numbers 16V563000 and 16V548000 (power train); however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 3,282. Updated 11/01/16

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Dec 192015

Outlander

Transmission broke down after about 17000 miles from a programming problem from the manufacturer. Replaced transmission and still having problems. Car is still in shop and this happened about 30 days ago. I did get car for a week and had to return it back to the shop.

- Anderson, SC, USA

Nov 232015

Outlander

New vehicle purchased Nov 16 2015. Two weeks after bought, vehicle began to slow down, then hesitate, stall out. The vehicle was put into shop due to a computer chip issue that occurred on 'the line.' Got vehicle back and same problem. Mitsubishi put back in shop and replaced the transmission in Dec 2015. Now same issue, stalling in lighted intersections, at stop signs, won't speed up, decelerates. Mitsubishi's answer? put back in shop and going back in today, Jan 12, 2016. Three times in less than three months I have had vehicle. I am afraid for my family member's safety while in the vehicle and my daughter in law who dries and rides in the vehicle is seven months pregnant. Please help us!! do not want anyone using these vehicles to get injured as Mitsubishi is aware of line problem and repairing many of these 2015's with same issue with no recall and will not replace the vehicle. Thank you

- Selma, TX, USA

Oct 312015

Outlander

Hear stick pops out of fear with slightest touch while driving. Transmission drops to lower fear while driving. Have to pull over and restart car to get it to work properly. Engine has 15,693 miles, mechanic says a rod is knocking and shouldn't be running the fan to cool as much as it does. All this has multiple occurances. Mitsubishi has had the car twice but found nothing wrong.

- Hilton Head Island, SC, USA

Mar 122015

Outlander

At a low speed or slowing down the transmission will shutter. The longer you drive the mor it happens.

- Belpre, OH, USA