2016 Mitsubishi Outlander brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander:

2016 Mitsubishi Outlander Owner Comments

Sep 032016

Outlander

Respectfully, we bought our brand new 2016 Outlander from the dealership this May. My wife rear ended a car less than a month later on the highway. She said the car didn┐T stop when she hit the brakes and that the brakes don┐T work. The car was repaired by geico for $20K damage paid and she said she wasn┐T driving it anymore. She had multiple injuries from the airbags and saw the doctor. After repairs, we ended up switching cars and the Outlander became my car and I noticed that it seemed very heavy like it was surging forward and resisted stopping. Two months later I changed the oil on the other car, so I asked her to take the Outlander just for the day. She didn┐T want to drive it, but I said just be very careful. She had a second accident that day on the highway causing $10K damages for repair and the air bags never deployed this time and her head, chest and knees hit hard against the steering wheel and dashboard and her back snapped and she is seeing a chiropractor now for the pain. She is a good driver and has never hit anyone from behind and now has done so two times in two months? again she told me the car didn┐T stop when she stepped on the brakes. Last week we received a factory recall notice in the mail for the accelerator. I took the car in this Saturday as soon as possible to have it repaired. When I drove the car after the repair and applied the brakes now in comparison to before it stops very well and is totally different. I believe Mitsubishi's defective acceleration system is the cause of my wife's injuries to her head, back and knees. This accident is not my wife's fault at all. I am sure that this defect in the accelerator system was the cause of the accidents and I am asking the NHTSA to please rectify this with Mitsubishi for us to find cause to be placed on Mitsubishi's faulty vehicle not us. Thomas a. nervina 727-687-7816

- Gloucseter, MA, USA

Mar 222016

Outlander

The contact owns a 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander. While making a turn, the brake pedal was depressed but failed to stop the vehicle. In addition, an abnormal noise was heard without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 8,000.

- Washington, DC, USA