3.8

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport:

2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Owner Comments

Oct 302016

Outlander Sport

I was driving along on a normal city street and all of the sudden every indicator light began to come on...first the battery charging system, next the engine overheat warning, the ABS, the brake, the power steering, the air bag, etc. I began to lose power, idle roughly, and eventually die completely. It would not restart. The next day, I tried to jump start with no success at all. After further examination, noticed that the drive belt had come off the pulleys completely.

- Phoenixville, PA, USA

Nov 122014

Outlander Sport 4-cyl

Continued failure to provide parts for national recall; drive belt. Now more than three (3) months since placed on list for replacement.

- Neptune Beach, FL, USA

Dec 042014

Outlander Sport 4-cyl

I went on vacation for seven days and when I returned I started the vehicle to make sure it would and it started just fine. The next morning as I was getting ready to leave for work, the vehicle stalled. I contacted roadside assistance and it was not the battery. I then towed the vehicle to a mechanic to have it looked at. They stated the engine may be done for because the compression levels were reading very low and the highest reading was a 41 of the four cylinders. They suggested its either the timing belt or the engine and that the timing belt should not have gone bad with only 60, 489 miles. I contacted Mitsubishi and learned I was over the manufacturer warranty by 489 miles. I'm lost for words and do not whether to go forward and get it fixed or if there's any other options for me.I do not understand how my timing belt could have went out while sitting in my parking lot whereas most break while driving. I've already had my drive belt replaced due to recall.

- Des Moines, IA, USA

Oct 132014

Outlander Sport

The contact owns a 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander sport. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V562000 (engine and engine cooling). The contact stated that the part needed to remedy the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Redding, CA, USA

Oct 212014

Outlander Sport

The contact owns a 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander sport. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V562000 (engine). The contact stated that the part needed to remedy the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experience a failure.

- Toms River , NJ, USA