2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport:

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Owner Comments

Jul 202016

Outlander Sport

Jerking forward when car mits Outlander sport starts. Have tried using hand brake on parking but once vehicle is started it shoots forward.

- Killeen, TX, USA

Feb 132016

Outlander Sport

After a full stop brake pedal goes to car floor and car move forward even pedal is to the floor I bileve is the brake master cylinder I have take the car to dealer and response is we can not duplicate problem in less than a month has happen 6 times

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Jun 022015

Outlander Sport

I was parking my car and my foot was firmly on the brake. Just as I was going to shift my car into park, the engine revved and the car surged forward I was unable to stop the car, in spite of braking. The car jumped the curb in the parking lot and ended up stopping on top of a landscaping boulder. This stopped the car from moving forward as the front of the car was on top of the rock, but the engine was still revving as I put the car in park and turned off the ignition. Transmission pan and engine cradle damaged by collision. Had the landscaping boulder not been there, the car would have continued into the building in front of me.

- Rio Rancho, NM, USA