2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport:

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Owner Comments

Jul 202016

Outlander Sport

Jerking forward when car mits Outlander sport starts. Have tried using hand brake on parking but once vehicle is started it shoots forward.

- Killeen, TX, USA

Jul 012015

Outlander Sport

When I push on gas, the car never shifts gears! I can start out slowly with a little gas peddle pressure, but when trying to get up to speed and merge with traffic, it will never shift into a higher gear! it stays at about 20mph and engine revs to red zone unless I lift off gas. I don't even get gas peddle half way down. Transmission roars, car doesn't go, and I can't go forward but at a slow crawl unless I pull over, let off gas completely so car can settle, then try again. It won't shift in AWD or 4WD and I old lady, I don't troomp N rocket. I just want to get up to 55mph within 1 mile without sending my engine into dragonflies and half a tank of gas gone! I asked dealer and he blew it off as a slow startingvehicle, but it's getting worse and tyranny not shifting right. Have to find a Mitsubishi service center.

- Stillwater, OK, USA

Sep 152015

Outlander Sport

Upon starting the vehicle and taking off with the shifter engaged in automatic, the car quickly engages the first gear but as I depress the accelerator pedal to accelerate, it feels and sounds like the engine is about to stall out and the vehicle slows back down as if hesitating and malfunctioning, then it very slowly over about a 20-30 second lull will begin to pick up speed at an incredibly slow and dangerous speed. I have tried making right turns and left yield turns only to find that I cannot move fast enough out of another vehicles path in a safe time and that it is too difficult to try and presume how long it will take to cross a street as the acceleration of the vehicle is unpredictable every time. I have to constantly drive with the shifter in manual to override this problem. This has almost caused me several accidents before I was able to decipher the safer manual position it acceleration of the vehicle.

- San Diego, CA, USA