2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport:

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Owner Comments

Jul 012015

Outlander Sport

When I push on gas, the car never shifts gears! I can start out slowly with a little gas peddle pressure, but when trying to get up to speed and merge with traffic, it will never shift into a higher gear! it stays at about 20mph and engine revs to red zone unless I lift off gas. I don't even get gas peddle half way down. Transmission roars, car doesn't go, and I can't go forward but at a slow crawl unless I pull over, let off gas completely so car can settle, then try again. It won't shift in AWD or 4WD and I old lady, I don't troomp N rocket. I just want to get up to 55mph within 1 mile without sending my engine into dragonflies and half a tank of gas gone! I asked dealer and he blew it off as a slow startingvehicle, but it's getting worse and tyranny not shifting right. Have to find a Mitsubishi service center.

- Stillwater, OK, USA