2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport:

2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Owner Comments

Jul 012015

Outlander Sport

When I push on gas, the car never shifts gears! I can start out slowly with a little gas peddle pressure, but when trying to get up to speed and merge with traffic, it will never shift into a higher gear! it stays at about 20mph and engine revs to red zone unless I lift off gas. I don't even get gas peddle half way down. Transmission roars, car doesn't go, and I can't go forward but at a slow crawl unless I pull over, let off gas completely so car can settle, then try again. It won't shift in AWD or 4WD and I old lady, I don't troomp N rocket. I just want to get up to 55mph within 1 mile without sending my engine into dragonflies and half a tank of gas gone! I asked dealer and he blew it off as a slow startingvehicle, but it's getting worse and tyranny not shifting right. Have to find a Mitsubishi service center.

- Stillwater, OK, USA

Jun 022015

Outlander Sport

I was parking my car and my foot was firmly on the brake. Just as I was going to shift my car into park, the engine revved and the car surged forward I was unable to stop the car, in spite of braking. The car jumped the curb in the parking lot and ended up stopping on top of a landscaping boulder. This stopped the car from moving forward as the front of the car was on top of the rock, but the engine was still revving as I put the car in park and turned off the ignition. Transmission pan and engine cradle damaged by collision. Had the landscaping boulder not been there, the car would have continued into the building in front of me.

- Rio Rancho, NM, USA