2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport:

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Owner Comments

Sep 092016

Outlander Sport

Outlander sport 2015, purchased in Feb. 2016. Started car, put in reverse, car stopped dead. Light on dashboard stated "electrical system service required", symbol of a red SUV with a red X on it, & green check engine light. Towed to lancaster Mitsubishi, they stated nothing wrong with car, even though they had to push vehicle into garage. It works now. For how long?? have not been told what is wrong or why it happened. Vehicle completely shut down. Tow truck driver tried to jump it, did not work

- Lebanon, PA, USA

Aug 082016

Outlander Sport

My stepdaughter drove to work Monday (8/9/16) and could not remove her key, switch only went back to acc position. I arrived and looked it over, started motor, shifted into reverse, then back to park, cut off switch and turned all way to off position this time. Sounds like issue with ignition lock cylinder. It's a 2015 with less than 10K miles. She took it to dealer who basically accused her of spilling liquid down into shifter, however once they say condition of car knew this wasn't case. Told her they will repair it a week from yesterday. I am concerned because my 4 year old beautiful granddaughter rides in that car (her mother's) primarily. I'm going to dealership upon opening in morning because we need a loaner car for my stepdaughter to use until her outlander is fully equipped with the safety repair. She had only had car little over 3 months, it's least they will do. My stepdaughter is alot nicer than myself. I'm not having my stepdaughter or granddaughter in an unsafe vehicle. Will be demanding and receiving loaner car for her in the morning.

- Central, SC, USA

Jan 152015

Outlander Sport

It hesitates on take off, drivers window is stuttering. Had electrical system flash on and off, time of day changes to daylight saving by itself, pulls to the right upon braking. Acceleration is awful. Jerks while changing gears. Most of this is at stopping, or taking off from stop. City driving. On cold mornings it also rides hard on wheels and highway is hesitant. Try's to stall. At 70 miles a hour. Does not heat car adequately. This at 20 degrees.

- Catawba, OH, USA

Jul 232015

Outlander Sport

I just bought my first brand new car June 6, 2015. I have only made 1 car payment and on 7/23/15 I go to get in my car and it will not start had several messages on the dash so looked in the manual and it said call dealership and I did. After calling them 5 times in a row the owner answered and I explained what the car was reading and that it wouldn't start so he said him and a mechanic would be there in a minute. I only work 5 mins.away. They arrived and said they had never seen that displayed before. Mechanic took a look at it and played with the wiring for about 20 mins and it started they said if it does it again bring it in and they would take care of it. But the next morning I drove to the dealership and told them to check it out and go ahead and do my 1000 miles service check since I was at 982 miles. No problem we will have it ready later today, never heard from them so the following Monday my husband called and they told him it was the transmission and they were trying to get me a new one put in but waiting on approval, they got the approval and put in a brand new transmission so they said. Aug. 5, 2015 still hadn't heard anything so my husband called again and it was ready so he went and picked up my car. It had 1100 miles on it and 1/2 tank of gas so they had put 117 miles on my car. 8/6/15 it started driving kind of rough, not wanting to exhilarate and making a squealing noise from time to time. So on 8/11/15 I had to take my car back up to the dealership for them to check it out. They were going to keep it over night and call us in the morning. They had no loaner cars to give us this time so we had to go to enterprise and pay $50 deposit and make sure the car is full when we return it.

- Fort Walton Beach , FL, USA