2008 Mitsubishi Raider steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Mitsubishi Raider:

2008 Mitsubishi Raider Owner Comments

Aug 062015

I was driving down the road when all of a sudden I had no control of my steering. I stopped and checked the reservoir and notice no fluid. I was able to make it another block and put more fluid in the steering pump. I made it home by adding more fluid. I looked under the vehicle and notice a steal line was leaking the fluid. I took the line off and notice that they had installed it at a very bad location which had cause the leak the line had rubbed against another line and had a hole in it. It appears it had been improperly placed on the vehicle., the line cannot be purchase replaced this model was discontinued in 2009. Their are no parts for this the model vehicle. I talked to dealer and he said they will haft to replaced it with a new Dodge steering unit. This will cost and thousands of dollars. This is a faulty product and the dealer should replace this because of the safety issued and faulty product.

- Gainesville , GA, USA