1999 Oldsmobile Alero lights NHTSA complaints: Exterior Lighting

NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

2.4

1999 Oldsmobile Alero lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Oldsmobile Alero:

1999 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Oct 102006

Alero

The contact owns a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero. The contact stated that the turn signals worked intermittently. The failure occurred 80 percent of the time. The failure mileage was 70,000 and current mileage was 90,000.

- Lindenhurst, IL, USA

Jul 012008

Alero

Both left and right turn signals fail to operate intermittently. I can get them to start working again sometimes by activating the hazard lights and then trying the turn signals again, but sometimes the hazard lights also fail to function. It sounds like a spring is releasing sometimes when turning the steering wheel and then the turn signals fail afterward. The hazard switch became stuck and was replaced by the olds dealer back in 2001 or 2002. After that I could hear a mechanical noise in the steering column whenever I turned the wheel in either direction and when I complained to the dealer they said a spring had come loose and there was no safety issue and that it would cost $250 to repair, so I let it go and never repaired.

- Phoenixville, PA, USA