Fan Wouldn't Work On All Settings Seal Of This Might Hurt

2. replace climate control switch (1 reports)
2000 Oldsmobile Alero AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Oldsmobile Alero:

2000 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Jan 112012

Alero 2.4L

the heater or air will not work on the highest setting, annoying but can deal with it

- , Dexter, MO, USA

Nov 012009

I didn't notice this problem until the weather got colder....with a sunroof, living in the north, combined with purchasing the car in the spring, it was never a problem before. But when the snow came and it was time to turn on the heat, I discovered that I had to have the fan either all the way ON or all the way OFF. There is no IN-BETWEEN. I suppose it's not as big of a deal as the other problems (fuel issue, multiple electrical issues, tracking problem, etc, etc, etc) but come on now....seriously? Do I have to either freeze or be cooked?

Oh, and there's that smell! Does anyone else have it? My mechanic says there is nothing that can be done about it, because of where the coolant is placed, but by the time I drive my hour to work, I step into my office smelling like I just purchased the newest perfume "Ode d' Antifreeze". It only happens in the winter when the heat is on. YUCK! I thought it was a coolant leak or something. NOPE. Seems to be a normal thing according to him.

- , Durand, MI, USA

Oct 242004

Alero V6

The air conditioning won't work until the 3rd or 4th setting which sometimes is too much. I would really like to have my lower settings on the AC/ heater.

- , Fond Du Lac, WI, USA

May 012006

The A/C only works on the three highest settings and not the lowest ones, so you're either hot or blasted with air.

- , San Marcos, TX, USA

Aug 192008

Alero LS 3.4L

fan speed does not work on low. took climate control to replace switch. found out you cant :( pisses me off) cost 250+ to get new climate and i need it for ac and heat to work

- , Califraska, AL, Bosnia & Herzegovina