Warning Switch Making Clicking Noises

2000 Oldsmobile Alero

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Oldsmobile dealer. Seal Of This Might Hurt

2. mechanic changed electrical brain behind steering wheel (1 reports)
  3. ram it into a parked vehicle then into the curb! (1 reports)
2000 Oldsmobile Alero accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Oldsmobile Alero:

2000 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Mar 082012

As soon as you turn on the car it starts clicking. If you use the turn signal it starts clicking faster and louder. The indicator light on the dash doesn't light up but you can still hear the annoying clicking. You HAVE to turn on the radio to drown out the sound of the constant clicking noise.

Along with that, the key that came with the car, IT WAS A GIFT, doesn't work, only the spare works!!!!! we only have one key for it. Pain in the butt!!!

Also the tracking light comes on sometimes.

Then the blower motor decided one hot day it didn't want to work. But later that day it worked just fine.

I was wondering if the car was haunted. But now after reading all these posts I realize it's the wonder she gave it away!!!!!

- , Memphis, TN, USA

Nov 102010

Alero GL 3.4L V6

- , Edinburg, TX, USA

Aug 242004

Alero LX V6

So the majority of the time when I got into my vehicle, my dash lights would all start blinking and clicking. It seriously freakin pissed me off! It was absolutely the most annoying thing to start my day! Sometimes I would seriously just start hitting the top of the dash just to see if it would help. I took it into about 5 different shops and they all honestly could not find the problem. I continued to drive this piece of sh*t car until one fine morning in April I got into my car and to drive to class. The dashboard was blinking and clicking yet again and I turned the corner around my house and suddenly.... The freakin steering locked up! I ran into a parked vehicle then somehow bounced back and hit the curb where I ended up in someone's front yard! That put an end to the clicking problem real quick! :) My 2000 Shitmobile Alero was totaled!!

- , Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jun 012007

Alero V6

This problem just about drove me nuts! I would be driving and all of a sudden my dash would start, click,, click. Sometimes it would go on for several minutes at a time. I don't think the lights were actually flashing, but the switch was clicking. I am to the point that I refuse to put more $ in my car. My boyfriend suggested i get a new internal hazard switch thing, so I did....$30. He removed my air vent himself and changed the green fuse thing. That seemed to have worked for about a day, until I heard the, click, click. SH*T!! So I had to take it in because I was going insane. They ended up replacing a electrical brain thing behind the steering wheel. The part that I got back looked like a handle bar, it was the whole turn signal handle and wiper handle connected to some electrical thing. $250 I will NEVER buy a GM car again, EVER!!!

- , Vandalia, IL, USA