Power Steering Failure Seal Of This Might Hurt

2000 Oldsmobile Alero steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Oldsmobile Alero:

2000 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Jan 312008

Alero 3.4L V6

I think there is a problem with the Power Steering Pump. I was making a turn and I guess held it to the extreme left for too long. This has never happened to me before and the cost of a new power steering pump is about $200-260 (dealer) and $80-120 (online) not counting labor. I hope I can fix it myself but does anyone know of any other problems that would cause the steering to become stiff. I checked the fluid level and the belt, the belt is worn and I will replace it but I'm not sure if it could be anything simpler thank!

- , Woodland Hills, CA, USA