Ac Fan Only Works On High Seal Of This Might Hurt

2. replace resistor (1 reports)
2002 Oldsmobile Alero AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Oldsmobile Alero:

2002 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Jul 172008

Alero GLS V6

Ok, so only the high setting worked. At least I still had a good flow. So I found out it was a resistor behind the glovebox that needed replaced. Sounds easy enough. I bought one for like 15 bucks (maybe it was 25) I can't remember. I pulled the dashboard out and attempted to replace it. I could see it but the geniuses at GM must have designed it so only a mechanic can get to it. You have to take 2 screws out. The first one is easy enough, but the 2nd one is a real b*tch. I never did end up getting it. Actually, while I was working on the resistor, another problem reared it's ugly head. My rack and pinion crapped out. It was leaking steering fluid like a seive....but that's another complaint. So when I took it in to have the R&P replaced, I had my mechanic change out the resistor. He's awesome, my alero sucks and so does GM!

- , Peoria Heights, IL, USA

Dec 222010

Alero V6

What a pain full blast and it its not very worm I'm going to try to replace the switch.

- , Portland, OR, USA

Apr 152010

Alero 4

Labor was 71.00. Part (resistor was 450.00.

I have met other owners with same problem. Can't understand how they went broke with margins like that.

- , Huntington Beach, CA, USA