Horn Honks When Car Is Off Seal Of This Might Hurt

2. remove the fuse and go without a horn (1 reports)
2002 Oldsmobile Alero accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Oldsmobile Alero:

2002 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Nov 272009

I buy this nice ride and a week and a half later hit a beastly dear. I get my car back 3 weeks later and I drive it around and come home and park it (in the trailer park I live in) and at 7 am my husbands telling me a horn is going off. My horn. While everyone is staring at me we don't know what's going on so we remove the fuse. I take it back to where I got it fixed and everything seems fine until 430 am that morning when it goes off again! I said screw it and haven't put the fuse back in mainly because I was told I'd have to take it to Bush because it's more than likely an internal problem they couldn't fix. I have 2 kids with a father who's in Iraq right now and I can't afford to give it up for a dumb ass horn that won't shut up and randomly blares only during the crazy night hours. What a pain.

- , Wilmington, OH, USA

Aug 052008

Alero 2.2L

So On A Tuesday Morning, instead of the sun waking me up @ 6:13 a.m. . .I hear this horn blaring. . .I walk outside. . .& it's my car. . .I pop the hood, the horn stops. . .I drive the car all day, no horn issues, I don't even use it. . . I go to sleep. . .I wake up to the same horn again. . .I'm thinkin to myself, "this is gonna be a hell of a way to get up every morning", only this time it's 3:17 a.m. I run outside where one of my elderly neighbors is standing in front of my car, this time I try the "pop the hood trick". . .doesn't work, I start the car, doesn't work. . I drive the car around the block, it stops. I get in my house spend a few minutes on the couch (just in case) go upstairs and roll back in the bed. . .i'm just about to close my eyes when THE STUPID PIECE A SH!T goes off again, I run down the stairs again immediately start the car, drive it around the block, take my owners manual out the glove box pop the hood and remove the fuse (fuse #21). . .So while I will be able to sleep tonight. . .I have no horn. . .

On Monday afternoon(before this happened), I got my oil changed. . .I wonder if that had anything to do with it. . .I also have rabbits that find shelter underneath some of the cars in my lot, I wonder could they be agitating a cable or something. . . but judging by the numerous complaints before me. . .looks like. . . I'm screwed!

- , Denver, CO, USA

Dec 172006

My car horn is turning on in the middle of the night. a constant horn sound. very loud. I don't know what to do. I am going to call the dealer tomorow. I'm sure my neighbors love me, going off at 3:00 in the morning. It stops when i start the car, but 20 minutes later it did the same thing. That was it for last night. Now at 9:00 tonight it starts up again. This is really really embarrassing.

- , Central Point, OR, USA