Abs Kicks In While Braking Normally Seal Of This Might Hurt

2002 Oldsmobile Alero brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Oldsmobile Alero:

2002 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Mar 012011

Alero GLS V6

Another tally for problems with my Olds Alero. I'm driving down the road when all of a sudden my dashboard hits me with a brigade of yellow lights..anti-lock, trac off, service vehicle soon. Sometimes it happens while I'm driving and sometimes while I'm braking. If it happens while I'm driving, it's not a big deal. But if it happens while I'm braking, my ABS system kicks in for about 2 seconds, which could be disaster if I'm trying to stop at a red light. After the car has this hiccup and the lights are on, it drives fine. I'm suspecting the car disables the ABS and that's why it drives fine. If you are having this problem, be sure to keep 1 hand on the e-brake if the warning lights haven't came on.

- , Peoria Heights, IL, USA