NHTSA — Suspension: Front: Wheel Bearing Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

2.8

2002 Oldsmobile Alero suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Oldsmobile Alero:

2002 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Sep 182005

Alero 6-cyl

Last year I had a rubbing type sound coming from my front end, upon taking it to tuffy I learned that I needed a left wheel bearing. I replaced the wheel bearing and 7 months later I had to replace the right wheel bearing. Currently I am being told that the wheel bearings still needs to be replaced. My ABS lights are on and there is a popping sound when my car turns. I have a new tie rod so that rules the noise coming from it. The bearings are expensive to replace and I only had the car three years and I had to replace bearings, the manifold intake, a tie rod, and hoses.

- Lansing, MI, USA

Jul 102003

Alero 4-cyl

Without warning caller hears a noise, and at the same time, the bell sounds, and the dash lights come on. The lights that come on are the anti lock brake lights. The track off light, and the service engine light. For only a few seconds the brakes will not work. Has had wheel bearings replaced in the front, and is about to get it done again.

- Garrett, PA, USA