NHTSA — Tires Problems Seal Of This Might Hurt

2002 Oldsmobile Alero wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Oldsmobile Alero:

2002 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Oct 262009

Hazard and turn signals intermittently fail; same as the 2001...there was a recall for this issued on the 2001, but not the 2002? I lose my turn signals approximately 2-3 times per 10 mile trip. I have not been involved in an accident due to this malfunction...yet. No repairs seem to fix the problem. The incident date is the last time this problem occurred (I haven't driven the car for a few days), but it has actually been going on for over 2 years. Apparently this is a common problem with the Alero's reguardless of the model year. The vehicle also won't start when it rains, and shuts down while driving. The trunk opens by itself, and the door locks don't always work. Sometimes the stereo won't turn on, and most recently the driver's door window won't open. I replaced the wheel house assembly 3 times in two years. This car is an electrical nightmare! frequently it won't start because it thinks I'm trying to steal it. I also put air in all my tires at least once a week because they won't hold air...apparently there is a problem with the wheels. I have to manually check the tires because the warning light for low tire pressure is also an electrical malfunction.

- Lewistown, PA, USA