Rear Defrost Stopped Working And Caught Fire Seal Of This Might Hurt

2. replaced electrical (1 reports)
2002 Oldsmobile Alero windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Oldsmobile Alero:

2002 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Nov 282011

YESTERDAY, 11/28/2011: Driving down the street in slow traffic. I hear a pop from the back of the car. I think someone just lightly rear-ended me. I look over my shoulder and from the right shoulder area of the rear passenger side seat I see FLAMES! I pull over, stop the car and try to dowse the flames with my jacket. I did not know at the time the fire was all the way down the back of the seat. My wife called 911. All I could do was close the doors and watch the smoke fill the car and shortly thereafter the rear window EXPLODED from the fire. The fire department arrived and put out the fire. Given the age of the car (10), Mileage (124k) and all the water, smoke, and fire damage the car is probably totaled. This just two weeks after I spend $600 to put all new brakes on it.

I don't care if it is 10 years old and has 124k miles, it should NOT burst into flames.

- , Charlotte, NC, USA

Feb 012008

Rear defrost stopped working, short circuited and caught fire melting the plastic over top of the wiring and the seat before I put it out with the fire extinguisher ( I extremely regret the last part).

- , Windsor, Ontario, Canada