NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Power Assist: Hydraulic Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

5.0

2003 Oldsmobile Alero brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Oldsmobile Alero:

2003 Oldsmobile Alero Owner Comments

Jul 262003

Alero 6-cyl

The vehicle dies. While cruising at any speed, the hydraulic brakes & steering failed due to the engine dying. There is no set pattern, it might stall 6 times in one day, then twice the next day. Then go 4 days with no ocurrence, then it will stall once a day for 3 days. Then go a week with no ocurrence, then stall 4 times a day for 5 days, etc., etc. In every ocurrence, it takes approximately 10 minutes before it will start back up. At high speeds, it is extremely too dangerous to drive. We've taken it to the dealer, under extended warranty, the required 4 times under the lemon law process. The dealer cannot ascertain, nor fix the problem. It happened to the dealer at least once when we took it in. I doubt they will admit it, however, my wife was witness. The car is a 2003. Even though I bought it in July 2003, it was considered a used car. GM has denied our claim since the lemon law does not apply to used cars. The car has been permanently parked since November 2003. We were forced to buy another car. The dealer would not trade. This has resulted in a badluck situation for us. We cannot afford 2 car payments / 2 insurance premiums, nor can we afford $300 per hour to sue GM. I stopped making payments in December 2003. I have kept the finance company abreast of the situation. They have not repossed as of yet. They want me to try to sell it. Can you help ?

- Tyler, TX, USA