NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora:

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Owner Comments

Apr 142011

Aurora 8-cyl

For the last 4yrs. I have been problem after with this car. Especially with the rack and pinion I have the rack and pinion replaced twice in a two and half year radius. Now today on 7-18-12 I have to get another rack and pinion. Its has to be a defect because it always break during hard left turns or bracket breaks only on passenger side. Their are a lot of electrical malfunctions such as engine light is always on for various reasons ABS light blinks on and off, check oil light, and the check stability system. GM needs to recall this vehicle for all the cost I have to put in this vehicle for rack and pinions is ridiculous. This is goin to be the third rack and pinion since I had the vehicle.

- Edgewood, MD, USA

Feb 112009

Aurora 6-cyl

We purchased this vehicle on 9/2007 with 65,327 miles. The 1st year or so, it was ok, except for the emmisions system which they repaired. Over the next years, we have had to replace the brakes, rotors constantly! then the stability control light kept coming on warning of the ABS/traction control problem. Then, my lights starting going out in the car, dash, computer system warning area, and head lights flickering. The car shakes excessively when I try to stop and go over 55 miles an hour on highway to the point I think the front end is going to fall off! in the summer (as now) my gas pedal sticks! I have tried to contact GM about this problem, but they told me although a recall on all the same problems as this car is having was done, my VIN number was not included! it's the same year, model and problems..and still they would not help us. I was told to have a complete diagnostic done on it at my expensive to see what the problems were--seriously GM? I can't tell you how many thousands of dollars I have put into this car already and still cannot afford to get it fixed or have GM own up to these problems. I have researched this car and year extensively and have read nothing but complaints about the same problems and GM not wanting to do anything. I can't afford to fix it, and on limited budget and cannot get a loan for another car due to limited now I am stuck with this car and pray that nothing happens to me while driving on the highway and I will not let my grand chrildren ride in for fear of their lives!..this is a big issue and really does need to be looked into please.I now have 125,000 on it but only drive if I really need to very short distances. I believe whole heartedly that this problem is worth investigating because it is a safety issue whenever driven..please !

- Littleton, CO, USA