NHTSA — Tires Problems

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora:

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora Owner Comments

Aug 142012

Aurora

This report concerns an unused spare donut tire in the trunk of a 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora (original equipment). Last week we needed it and when we looked at it in the trunk it is very obviously separated. It was never used yet was totally separated. Firestone has been unresponsive (not even collecting information on the tire to relay to their factory) - 2 emails and 3 phonecalls. This tire is a T125/70R16. It was never on a recall list that I can find. I am sure it is sitting in more trunks than mine. Fortunately the tire was obviously separated so I did not mount it and did not have an accident but I needed it last week and ended up needing to get my car towed since the spare was separated/unusable. I hope you can at least get the information in the system so someone doesn't mount a tire that will immediately blow out. And I also learned today I cannot get a replacement (the dealer told me I should contact a junkyard - this is a 2001 car- no spare"?"). my main concern is that the information get used to make sure other people don't have this issue. I am sure plenty of cars have this spare tire.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA