NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System Problems

2.7

2001 Oldsmobile Bravada cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Oldsmobile Bravada:

2001 Oldsmobile Bravada Owner Comments

Jul 172008

Bravada

The automobile over heated because the thermostat in the engine bloc rusted through and water boiled out. According to the mechanic or supervisor, raymond roper, many components needed to be replaced. I had my car maintained at a GMC service as long as I had the car. Although I had not had it serviced for two years or 17 thousand miles, I find it difficult to believe that the cooling system would suffer a complete rust through. Every component in the cooling system needed to be replaced. It cost $2000 to repair it. Also seaside Buick maintenance had only changed my oil each time I brought it in to them. Seaside began maintaining my car at about 28,000 mile before that it was well maintained by hollier Oldsmobile in orlando, Florida. Car was not driven from Florida to California. But if this had happened on a long trip, it could have a major problem. I do not believe that should ever happen and I suspect something is amiss. There is nothing but antifreeze in the car so what can cause rust.

- La Jolla, CA, USA