NHTSA — Power Train: Manual Transmission: Floor Shift Assembly Problems

2001 Oldsmobile Bravada transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Oldsmobile Bravada:

2001 Oldsmobile Bravada Owner Comments

Dec 152004

Bravada 4-cyl Diesel

I am the owner of a 2001 olds Bravada and recently my complete transmission has failed. Last year I took my vehicle to the olds dealer complaining of straining to change gears. They told me that it was not my transmission, but a part of the emmission and they were fixing the problem because I had purchased the gmpp (good thing I did). A year later, the same problem occured and I took my vehicle back to the olds dealer and because it had been "a few days" past the warranty expiration date, they said that they couldn't do anything. So, I had to take my vehicle to an outside dealer who had to replace my entire transmission for $1700! now, my oxygen sensor has gone out and my gas gauge doesn't work. Since, I am still recovering from the $1700 to replace my transmission, I am unable to get these to necessities fixed right away. I am highly disappointed in Oldsmobile and I will never purchase another Oldsmobile and I will tell everyone I know not to purchase an Oldsmobile!

- Shreveport, LA, USA