NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

9.4

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Oldsmobile Bravada:

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada Owner Comments

Jan 152003

Bravada

The paint on the flanges in front of the back wheels is chipping off. This is a common problem on 2002 Bravada the vehicle is driven only on road and under normal conditions. The dealer just called me and said this is not a warranty item and I should put mud flaps on the vehicle. At this rate, the flanges would be down to bare metal in a short time. This is obviously a paint defect and has been reported in some of the town hall message centers on 2002 Bravada. I told the dealer his response was unacceptable, but I am getting the run around here. A factory rep is supposed to look at it tomorrow, but the dealer held out little hope. Help

- Delmont, PA, USA

Feb 152002

Bravada

My main problem with this vehicle has been the paint. 2 paint jobs later on the lower half of car - paint still looks like crap. I can see the erosion beginning again on the driver's side on rear door lower where the body flares (design error I've been told). I've notified Oldsmobile who state that it's the environment I'm driving in, not the paint. Why then, does not every car in new england look like mine? I am planning on running boards - don't want to buy them - but trying to save the paint.

- Charlton, MA, USA

Feb 152002

- Charlton, MA, USA

Nov 222002

Bravada 4WD

Part very loose, no way for dealer to repair.

- Conneaut, OH, USA

Nov 132002

Bravada

Consumer called complaining about having problems with the entire car.consumer will add more information.dealer and manufacturer have been contacted with no results.

- Cowlesville, NY, USA