NHTSA — Equipment Problems

1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass:

1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass Owner Comments

Jul 082005

Cutlass 6-cyl

Air conditioning cuts on and off intermittently. Leather upholstery has prematurely worn.

- Tupelo, MS, USA

Feb 282005

I currently have the following problems with my 1998 olds Cutlass gl. My power steering is stiff and makes a "wailing" noise. My coolent system has a leak. My heat and air have completey stopped working. I have had problems (in the past that have been repaired_ with my power window locking up (drivers side). The sound system shorted out. The cd player quit working. I have replaced my wiper blades several times and they still do not clear the windshield completely. One time when my teens were using my car, they were on the interstate and the car went completely dead...not only were they terrified, it was a very dangerous situation for them to be in.

- Bowling Green, KY, USA