1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme:

1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Owner Comments

Nov 102006

Cutlass Supreme

My wife and I arrived home with the car running fine. About an hour later, we got in the car and I went to start it, and nothing. Not even a click! No lights would turn on, the bell that sounds when the driver's door is open while the key's in the ignition didn't sound,... nothing.

Automatically, we ass-u-me-d that the confouned battery was dead. I tried jumping it... nothing. So I put my tools back in the shed, and when I was walking back to the car to close the hood, the hood light was on nice and bright. So I put the key in the ignition and turned it, and,... nothing. No lights, no dinging bell, no numbers illuminating on the face of the radio,... nothing.

So, what I would like to know is, should I call a garage and have the car towed and put on their computer and so on, or is this something that an everyday guy like me can fix myself? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks: