1998 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight:

1998 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight Owner Comments

Aug 042010

Eighty Eight LS 3.8L

First of all I loved My olds 88,She was my first car,BUT she emptied my wallet, I bought her at an auction for 500$ in 07 when I just turned 18,first thing out of the box was the intake manifold which seems to be a common thing with GM,next was the radiator then the head gaskets then the fuel pump,after the fuel pump I just stopped fixing her cause i was at 3,000 dollars on a car I paid 500 for,then the day of my college graduation I heard a loud thud then my mom who was tailing me told me I was leaking something and that white smoke was coming out the tail pipe, and by that time smoke was coming through the hood, so pulled over and jumped out of the car and watch 3,500 dollars burn up,but again she had over 340,000 miles on her when she kicked the bucket.

- , Waseca, MN, USA