1. new engine (1 reports)
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue:

1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue Owner Comments

Apr 032010

Intrigue GL 3.5L Dohc V6

I let my car set for 3 days while I went on vacation, I get back and it starts having lifter noise, well I was due for an oil change that week anyways, so I took it in thinking it had gotten too low on oil. Even after the oil change (I use a high mileage synthetic), the noise was still there. The only time the noise was non-existent was after it had sat overnight. That being the case, I figured something with the oil pressure. I had an oil pressure test done and low and behold, the balancer shaft in the top part of the engine has failed, preventing the right amount of oil getting to all the engine. I've heard that the dual overhead cam engines suck because of random failures, but this is stupid. This car has nickel and dimed me since I got it last year, now I need a new engine? I think not.

I can say that GM has done one good thing - they stopped making the Oldsmobile...

- , Carl Junction, MO, USA